Support & deployment engineer, Asia
Dualog is a Norwegian-based company providing maritime data communications services to major ship-owners and ship managers worldwide. Our customer base is growing rapidly and we are expanding our technical support team in Singapore. Training will be provided, and there is good potential for personal growth, development and good work exposure as part of a dynamic and skilled team with English as the working language.
The Support & Deployment Engineer will be part of the Dualog Global Support Team based in Singapore with the following responsibilities.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support of Dualog software and services to our maritime customers through phone and email from the Singapore office. Customers may be users on the vessels or their shore-based IT departments.
- On-site installation, migration and troubleshooting, etc at customer offices and vessels throughout South-East Asia and Middle East regions, whenever necessary.
- Work closely with colleagues in Singapore and Norway in a team-based environment as part of the 24/7 technical support service.
Key Personal Skills
- Customer service attitude and experience
- Good communication skills written and spoken English is a must
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work well independently with minimum supervision but also collaboratively in a team environment. Good interpersonal interaction and able to work well with others.
Key Technical Skills
- Networking and network troubleshooting – IP/DHCP/DNS
- Microsoft server and OS
- Database maintenance – Oracle and/or other DB
- PC and server hardware knowledge
- Bachelor degree or Diploma with Merit in IT/Electronics/Communication or related education or proven similar experience.
- Willingness to work externally, travel on short notice and on board vessels is a part of the job. Therefore, candidate must possess a Singaporean passport.
- Willingness to work on a shift rotation is a must.
- Knowledge and experience of maritime satellite communication is an advantage.
Current: 8 am – 5pm or 1pm to 10pm depending on shift rotation. Mondays to Fridays, Sundays.
Public holidays, when rostered to.
Future: Must be prepared to adapt to new shift rotation when there are changes.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter to: email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!